Monday, September 7, 2009

frock and roll

I did something out of the ordinary this weekend past and spoiled myself with a pair of books. They have been on my wish list for quite some time now so it's nice to have finally gotten my paws on them.


+

Beauty in Bloom is filled with the thoughts and inspirational ideas of Natalie Bloom, brainchild of Bloom Cosmetics, and is beautifully illustrated by Rebecca Wetzler. It gives a lovely glimpse into the heart and mind of the creator of such an eye-catching cosmetic range. Bloom cosmetics caught my eye before I ever started dabbling in make up, and I remember making a mental note to use it when the time was right. I was a late bloomer (no pun intended) and as such have only been using make up for approx 2-3 years, and officially started using facial mask/cleansers as of today. My face has never felt so soft!


+

Like I Give A Frock has the hilarious and random fashion opinions of SBS weather girl Michi (I recommend subscribing to her mailing list), and illustrated by Kat Macleod. Oh my goodness! I've loved Kat before I ever knew who she was! I'd seen her work before as she has also illustrated the So Frenchy So Chic albums and a few Bloom face products (which I bought on the weekend and made my face feel so soft and pretty). Such a small world, so much beauty to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment