Tuesday, February 23, 2010

'afternoon tea' challenge: lemon meringue pie


Last Thursday I had my first run at making lemon meringue pie. The recipe was actually pretty easy and consisted of three parts: the base, the filling and the meringue. I was a bit worried how it would work out as I'd never made any of these before but I found them all really simple to make and the result was surprisingly really yummy! This is definitely something I want to bake again. The best part? My non-lemon-loving hubby liked it so much he had seconds.

It's 2am, I feel wide awake and hungry (crazy pregnancy). Scary things happen when staying up late in Aussie summer! I'd forgotten how many flies and bugs will swarm towards whatever light is kept on in the dark of night. The last time I remember experiencing this was back in high school days, which is over six years ago. Now I feel itchy and paranoid that they're crawling on me..

On a happier note, my sister-in-law gave birth to adorable Abigail Jane yesterday! Despite attempting a natural birth, after 24 hours in labour she had an emergency C-section. I had expected this to scare me but instead, after looking at her baby's gorgeous little face and watching her yawn, I absolutely cannot wait to give birth and meet my own little baby despite all the pain that comes with it. You can see a photo of baby AJ here.

No comments:

Post a Comment