Thursday, March 4, 2010

a little naked chef


I've been avoiding the 'Afternoon Tea' baking challenge... BUT at least I am still trying different recipes! I had a quick look through jamieoliver.com and found a few that I liked. I have since made the full english for dinner a few nights ago (hubby was completely stoked) and today I tried my hand at my version of apple pie from scratch! It turned out okay-ish.. My mistake in editing the recipe is that I replaced a few ingredients I didn't have for something "similar", ie instead of ginger in syrup I used maple syrup and instead of real blackberries I was going to use jam, but I could only find apricot jam and used that instead. The end product tastes pretty good considering, but the apricot taste is enough to make me not want more than a nibble.

I've come to the realisation that I really need to work on my photography skills. I want to be able to take memorable (not accidentally nice) photos of me and my hubby, and even more so when our little one arrives. I feel limited having only a Canon SX100 (not a DSLR) but at the same time know that having a nicer camera doesn't necessarily mean I'll take nicer photos. Better brush up on what I learned in photography back in uni a few years back!

7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and the full english looks like something I need to make sometime soon because I think my husband would love it! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think it's a "man thing" where they love anything with meat and the least veggies possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photo isn't too bad :) and i loooooove jamie oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog you have here! :) am now following you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I am a new follower. However, the light light gray is really bad on my eyes. Anyway you could darken it up just a cinch? Like the color in your little about me on the right? I hate to even say that lol, since I am a new reader! If not, no biggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @notebookdoodles Thanks sweety! I feel a little insecure with my horribly dark photos, the place I live in has practically NO WINDOWS so my photos are almost always artificially lit. Can't wait till we move out, hopefully the new house will have better lighting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @thylady & @jenn Thanks for following! Jenn, I hadn't noticed how light the text was. Thanks for letting me know, I hope it's better now. :)

    ReplyDelete