Thursday, April 15, 2010

planning planning planning

Still getting over a chest infection, but have started collecting ideas for my baby shower! I won't be having it till June so I'm just gathering inspiration for how I'd like to decorate. The theme is: rain. How original for a baby shower! Haha :) But I just looove when it rains, and clouds and raindrops are so cute, and since I don't what the baby is I figured this would be a fun way to bring in turquoise as a neutral colour.

I've also been making a few things for my friend's bachelorette party. It is Mad Hatter tea party themed, and I spent the day making "eat me" and "drink me" tags yesterday and will be baking banana bread and lemon meringue pie the day of the party. Not to mention that hubby and I will be moving within a week of her party too so there will be a lot of packing to be done amidst the party planning. Then once we've moved it will be lots of unpacking and organising and settling in.

I cannot wait to unpack as I loooove organising, especially in categories, ie alphabetically, size, genre (I'm thinking of our books, dvds, and kitchen cupboards). Yes, I am a dork and will go so far as to start categorising items placed in random order at dvd stores, much to the disdain of my husband (but I know he secretly loves it!) And unpacking means finally getting to use all the bridal shower and wedding gifts we were given over a year ago that have been in storage. It's like birthdays and christmas all rolled into one!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you recover quickly:) Gues its nice to have something fun to plan in the meantime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new page. Simple, calming and very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pixelhazard Thank you! I'm all better now :)

    @Jenn Thanks! Also, whenever I visit your blog the "followers" widget tells me I have a message waiting from you. When I try to view it, it asks me to approve letting them send it to my email but I never get it?? Just wondering if you knew how that works.

    ReplyDelete