Friday, April 17, 2009

flashback

I have a history of starting journals online and after a few entries forgetting all about them. I wrote this a while back on Tuesday, August 28, 2007:
Life is not worth living if you don't live out what you believe in. Say what you mean and mean what you say, don't be fake or a hypocrite. At the same time, everything in existence is here because it has a purpose. If you aren't fulfilling your purpose in life, what are you doing that is so much more important? Some may ask, what is my purpose in life? It is to make a difference in this world. Just as the simple wheel made a difference in the history of technology, the existence of you is meant to make an impact in the lives of those around you. Stop focusing on the disasters in your own life, start focusing on repairing the brokenness in the lives of the less fortunate around you. You are never so low that you can't help someone lower. Change the world, don't let the world change you.
That was the only entry I ever made in that blog but it's something I still feel strongly about it today and with the same determination, although maybe not with the same harshness. It's good to reflect on who and where I was a few years back, I find it helps to steer me towards the future.

1 comment:

  1. I love your header and the colours you've chosen for your blog. Hope you keep this one up cause you're off to a good start xox

    ReplyDelete